
Are these not the cutest easter eggs ever? I would so love to have these if I wasn't 22 and still did easter egg hunts. I would find it extremely odd to 1. ask my mom & dad to hide these for me around the yard or 2. to be running around my backyard looking for these or just eggs in general. Besides, my parent's would probably screw with me and hide them in the most complicated places just to prove I am too old to be doing easter egg hunts. I can't even use my brother as an excuse anymore. He's 12, he is so over the egg hunt. He just wants a basket filled with candy & video games. I wonder what I will get..Slumdog Millionaire dvd possibly? That would be pretty great.
Yesterday my brother & I watched the Top 100 Greatest One Hit Wonders of the 80's. He really dislikes my singing of the songs because obviously he hasn't heard of most of these gems & want's to hear how great they are. He made some witty remarks about "Da Butt" most of which I shouldn't repeat via blog or at all in general. I admire some of the one hit wonders because they embrace it & think it's better then being a no hit wonder. I agree they should be proud of it even if the song is horribly cheesy now & they will never live it down. Hey at least people know who you are, even if it is from a shit song that was awesome 25 years ago. Most of the songs were like slow jams that I had to listen to when I was younger with my grandparents in the car. So it triggers a memory and I remember driving places with my grandparents hearing these awful songs but now as an adult I crack up thinking "I heard this song when I was little.." I also didn't realize then that the cheesier the better. Believe me if anyone watches these specials but me you will fully understand this. (Especially when they show the videos of the songs...talk about amazing quality.) I love when my brother turned to me and said: "Do you remember any of these" like i was an older person trying to relive my youth via 80's tunes. So I turned to him and said, "In the 80's i ranged between the ages of 1 & probably 3 how could I possibly remember these!" Obviously the times I heard these in the car I was far older than 3. I also didn't realize that song from Ferris Buller was an actual song, and a hit at that. You know the song I'm thinking about "Ooh Yeah", like when you hear that song your brain immediately goes to that movie. A movie which apparently my dad saw 3 times in 1986 when it came out. haha. Watch the specials even if you just want to hear silly commentary. I should be a VH1 Commentator. Someone told me they saw me doing this once. I should get that job. So if you ever wanted to waste time and say I love this song, or just laugh really hard. Watch this. But really who wouldn't listen to any recommendations I make.
I'm going to go have some Thin Mint Cookie ice cream on this warm April afternoon & then I should probably get down to doing some work.
-Nicole.

2 comments:
Hey, speaking about boredom, my over the top boredom somehow led me to your blog and led me to read this post.
Don't worry! I was also watching that one hit wonder show on VH1. I actually found myself saying, "OH YEA! I remember that song." Oh and I also really liked Slumdog...something about that dance at the end...so random...yet so awesome.
Anyway I think I'll stay tune to your future post.
Well at least I'm not the only one who is super bored & enjoys 80's one hit wonders! And I completely agree that the Bollywood dance was so random yet I enjoyed it! & secretly a part of me wanted to learn it! Well I guess that is no secret now hummmm. Well enjoy reading & feel free to comment again :)
Post a Comment